On May 8th, Future Leaders of Yale, LGBTQ Affinity Group, Working Women’s Network, Yale African Affinity Group, and the Office of Diversity & Inclusion co-sponsored Empowering Confidence with Alyssa Dver. Empowering Confidence was held via Zoom, where 160+ people tuned in to learn about their superpower (confidence). As CEO of the American Confidence Institute, Alyssa Dver spoke about what confidence is and is not, the brain science behind confidence, confidence villains, and how confidence is a choice. Key takeaways included: mindfully breathing in order to override autonomic responses, recognizing when you are tired because our brains need sleep, and the importance of giving confidence in order to get confidence. A copy of the PowerPoint slides can be found at: https://bit.ly/3cpSWXv. The Zoom recording can be found at: https://bit.ly/2WuiDR3.
Here are some recommended next steps:
- Watch How to Look & Be Confident on a Video Call - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSGUmHS6i-I
- Watch Confidence is a Choice: Real Science. Superhero Impact. TEDx Talk - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfDcMoajxN0&t=635s
- Order Alyssa’s 7th book, “Confidence is a Choice: Real Science. Superhero Impact” - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0983392722/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i4
- Take How to Be an Everyday Confidence Coach eClass - https://www.americanconfidenceinstitute.com/eclass
- Find out your Confidence Quotient (CQ) - https://www.americanconfidenceinstitute.com/CQ