Do you want to refine your philanthropic plan? Or, are you interested in supporting non-profit organizations and don’t know where to start? Join Future Leaders of Yale (FLY) for “Becoming an Informed and Effective Philanthropist,” a Lean In mentorship session. Our distinguished panelists include fellow Yale colleagues who are experts in the field of Development and Community Engagement, and have demonstrated leadership through their support to non-profit organizations.
The panelists will discuss how they determine which organizations they support financially and through volunteerism, the personal and professional benefits of supporting non-profit organizations, and how to get involved and determine the best opportunities for you.
This event is co-sponsored by DiversAbility at Yale (DAY), Yale African American Affinity Group (YAAA), Yale Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer Affinity Group (LGBTQ), Yale Latino Networking Group (YLNG), and Working Women’s Network (WWN).
Our panelists are:
• Fatema Basrai, Director of Innovation, InnovateHealth Yale
• Basie Gitlin, Director of Development, Yale University Library and Yale Collections
• Marinda Monfilston, Diversity Program Coordinator, Office of Diversity & Inclusion, Human Resources
• Fallon Thomas, Community Liaison for the New Haven Hiring Initiative
The event will be moderated by:
• Sofia Morales, Program Manager, Research & Evaluation, Community Alliance for Research & Engagement, Yale School of Public Health
• Haley Sabitus, Assistant Director, Leadership Giving, Central Development
• Angelina Stackpole, FLY Lean In Co-Chair, Associate Director, Reunion Giving, Central Development