Enjoy Fat Tuesday at the New Haven Free Public Library! Mardi Gras is a fun and festive celebration to support the incredible work of your public library, a 2019 winner of the National Medal for Museum and Library Service.
This year the theme is New Haven: A City of Stories. Dress to impress inspired by the tapestry of tales – both literary and personal – that make New Haven the Greatest Small City in America!
Tickets are usually $80 each, but with code MGFLY20 you get $10 off! Click here to purchase tickets.
What to Expect at Mardi Gras:
• Taste delicious dishes from some of New Haven’s most popular restaurants, including Hamilton Park, ZINC New Haven, Bear’s Smokehouse BBQ, Orchid Cafe, Claire’s Corner Copia and Sherkaan Indian Street Food
• Sip signature cocktails from Ordinary and High George
• Dance to music of Thabisa and her band
• Raise a paddle, pop a balloon, and purchase exclusive NHFPL merchandise - all to support your public library
• Rub elbows with bibliophiles and New Haven’s creative cocktail crowd
All proceeds support the collections, programs and services of the New Haven Free Public Library throughout the year. Buy your tickets today!
Come dressed in a festive cocktail attire — masks and Mardi Gras ensemble not required, but are encouraged! Adult guests only, please.