Join Future Leaders of Yale and the African American Affinity Group for a panel discussion designed for young women of color (ages 9-18), that will focus on the importance of empowerment, positivity, and overcoming adversity. Attendees will hear inspirational stories from Yale leaders and students, participate in a “Mindful Monday” empowerment exercise, learn about Yale University as an attainable option for education and employment, and participate in an environment where girls can talk freely and be themselves.
Panelists will include:
• Allyssa Antunes - Environmental Health and Safety Instructional Designer and Developer
• Morgan Baker - Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies, 2022
• Taylor Brooks – New Haven Promise Fellow, UConn Graduate, Yale University Intern
• Kalisha Fitzpatrick - Events Coordinator, Human Resources, Staff Engagement & Recognition
• Tomeka Frieson - History of Science, Medicine, & Public Health (B.A. Candidate) Ecology & Evolutionary Biology (B.S. Candidate), 2021
• Tisheena Harris – Finance & Administrative, Manager
• Chinye Ijeli – MD Candidate, Yale University School of Medicine, 2023
• Lalani Perry - Assistant Vice President for Internal Communications
• Jasmine Williams - Operations Manager for Business Operations, African American Studies, Classics, Philosophy, New Haven Teachers Institute
This event will be moderated by Fallon Thomas, New Haven Hiring Initiative, Community Liaison.